Above all, we are followers of Jesus Christ. Recently, we changed our church name because it was tied to a denomination; we at Rock Creek want to be tied to a Person, the Son of God, God Himself! So, if you were to ask any of us who we are, you would not hear any denominational lingo, but likely, “Christian” or “Christ-follower.” We wholeheartedly agree with the assertion found in the Bible that “no man can lay a foundation other than the one which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.”
We are blessed with people representing a wide array of ages and ethnic backgrounds. Although a demographic study several years ago would have shown a nearly perfect balance among the various age groups, more recently we are noticing a demographic that leans more toward families with young children. As you might imagine, no one at Rock Creek seems to mind this trend! To see the ministries tailored to those in your age group, click on "Ministries" at the top of this page.
We are an evangelical independent Bible church which seeks to minister to the surrounding communities of Congerville, Goodfield, Deer Creek, Carlock, Eureka, and Danvers.
- Our Senior Pastor is Phil Bachman who has served Rock Creek since 2001. Phil is a native of central Illinois who met his wife, Kim, at Eureka college. They have three children, Megan, Matthew, and Bradley. Phil’s ministry is primarily in the areas of preaching/teaching and youth ministry. In his free time, Phil enjoys spending time with his wife and kids, fishing, golfing, and cheering for the Bradley Braves, Chicago Bears, and St. Louis Cardinals (please don’t hold any of that against him)! You can reach Pastor Phil at [email protected] .
- Our Assistant Pastor is Bob Hart who has served Rock Creek since 2007. Bob and his wife Faith, been long-time members of Rock Creek. After many years of owning and operating his own landscaping/lawncare business, Bob answered the call to join the pastoral staff at Rock Creek. Bob’s ministry is primarily in the areas of Christian education and pastoral care. In his free time, Bob enjoys spending time with his family (which includes three grandchildren)……, and cheering for the St. Louis Cardinals (please do not hold that against him)! You can reach Pastor Bob at [email protected] .
- Our Secretary is Brenda Turton who has served Rock Creek since 2002. In addition to the usual administrative duties of a church secretary, Brenda is also the editor of our church newsletter, the News for Ewe. In her free time, Brenda enjoys walking, attending Bible Studies, and helping with Kid’s Club. She also enjoys playing games and spending time with her family—husband John; daughter Heather along with son-in-law Jon and granddaughter Liana; and son John Robert and dauther-in-law Gina. You can reach Brenda at [email protected] .
Accepting the full Bible and the Apostolic Creed:
- We believe in one God, eternally existing and manifest as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
- We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ. In other words, we believe that Jesus is fully God. We also believe that He is the only Son of God the Father, is full of grace and truth, was born of the virgin Mary, and lived a perfect human life while on the earth. Futhermore, we believe that He died for the sins of the world, was resurrected with a physical body, ascended into heaven, and will return again to take His followers to eternal glory.
- We believe in the immortality of the soul. In other words, we believe that though the human body dies, the soul lives on. We also believe that there will be a day of resurrection and a divine judgment to determine one’s future state—eternal glory in heaven for those in Christ and eternal condemnation in hell for those not in Him.
- We believe in the divine inspiration and inerrancy of the Bible as the Word of God and the only trustworthy guide of faith and life.
- We believe that God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him will not perish, but have everlasting life—John 3:16. Therefore, we believe a Christian is one saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ, whose life is then transformed into the likeness of Christ by His atoning death and the power of His resurrection.
- We believe that the Christian Church consists of all those who have sincerely repented of their sins and have accepted Christ’s forgiveness by placing their faith in Him. We believe that the Holy Spirit then indwells all these who believe and provides comfort, guidance, and conviction of sin. The external evidence for what has taken place on the inside of a believer is readily apparent as true Christians seek to love God with all their heart, soul, mind, and strength, and love others as they love themselves.